Coda File System

Re: venus sig11 on startup

From: Troy Benjegerdes <hozer_at_drgw.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 01:18:24 -0500 (CDT)

> Either we are giving a bad arg to getservbyname again, or the codasrv
> port isn't listed in /etc/services, and your glibc then manages to
> crash when trying to get it from some other place (like NIS/NIS+).

This gets wierder.. I rebuilt coda-5.2.7 (with krb5 support) with my
patches for updaclnt/updasrv endian problems on my x86 box and on my PPC
box. Out of curiousity, I shut down down both servers and restarted only
the one on the PPC box, removing the entry on the x86 box.

To my surpise, venus started happily. When I add the x86 machine to the
servers file, and start the server, all of a sudden I get this (from
withing gdb):

01:09:10        0 hdb entries on free-list
01:09:10 Initial LRDB allocation
01:09:10 Getting Root Volume information...
01:09:10 Venus starting...

Program terminated with signal SIGKILL, Killed.
The program no longer exists.

Any ideas? (If this is an endian issue, it's manifesting itself in really
*weird* ways)

| Troy Benjegerdes    |       troy_at_microux.com     |    hozer_at_drgw.net   |
|    Unix is user friendly... You just have to be friendly to it first.  |
| This message composed with 100% free software.    http://www.gnu.org   |