Coda File System

picking up CFLAGS in ./configure

From: Stephen J. Turnbull <turnbull_at_sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 16:42:46 +0900 (JST)
Per the suggestion for gcc 2.95, I am trying to build with
-fpermissive.  I'm using Debian, so I tried

CFLAGS=-fpermissive CXXFLAGS=-fpermissive debian/rules binary

which then invokes ./configure.  ./configure detects the environment
variables, and notes "trying C compiler (gcc -fpermissive)" (something
like that), but this flag apparently does not get written into the
Makefiles as the build command does not include the '-fpermissive'
flag.

I will let you know what results I get with '-fpermissive' (I'm going
to hack ./configure directly, ugh).

Stephen Turnbull