Coda File System

Re: picking up CFLAGS in ./configure

From: Jozsef Kadlecsik <kadlec_at_blackhole.kfki.hu>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 10:19:11 +0200 (CEST)
On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> Per the suggestion for gcc 2.95, I am trying to build with
> -fpermissive.  I'm using Debian, so I tried
>
> CFLAGS=-fpermissive CXXFLAGS=-fpermissive debian/rules binary

Unfortunately it isn't enough to use the -fpermissive flag to compile
the C++ sources, other changes are required as well.

I'm working on the Solaris port of the Coda server and cross-check the
source by compiling it on Linux as well. On Solaris I use gcc 2.8.1, on
Linux 2.95. Now I am able to compile the whole package on both systems
- *only* the test-runnings are ahead of me.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail  : kadlec_at_blackhole.kfki.hu, kadlec_at_sunserv.kfki.hu
WWW-Home: http://www.kfki.hu/~kadlec
          H-1525 Budapest 114, POB. 49, Hungary