Coda File System

Re: Coda release 5.3.1 (unstable, development)

From: LEE, Yui-wah <clement_at_cse.cuhk.edu.hk>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 11:32:42 +0800 (CST)
Jan Harkes wrote:

> Coda Distributed File System, version 5.3.1
>
> [snipped]
>
>     New Features
>     ------------
>     [snipped]
>     - cfs forcereintegrate, blocks until changes have been sent to the server.

I am very glad that this feature ("cfs forcereintegrate") is finally in
place ;-)  It allows a user to be sure that there are no more updates
on a client that remain un-reintegrated with the servers. She may want
this probably because she want to shutdown the connection only after
all updates has been propagated to the servers, or even she may want to
re-initialize the client's RVM (re-initialization is rarely needed and
dangerous, it is needed only when the RVM get too insane).

-- Clement

Yui-wah LEE (Clement)                         |    Tel: (852)-26098412
Department of Computer Science & Engineering, | Mobile: (852)-98421024
The Chinese University of Hong Kong   | Real-time Msg.: 41792200 (ICQ)
WWW: www.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~clement     | Email: clement_at_cse.cuhk.edu.hk