Coda File System

Re: Slackware Linux

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 00:30:32 -0400
On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 09:52:11PM -0400, avenger wrote:
> Actually..let me retrieve all the error messages here.  I realize the
> glibc part and originally I thought that was the issue with it..however
> slak4 dist has glibc in the optional package installs and I have it
> installed and libc5 removed..or did..which I might add was nice that they
> mentioned just installing glibc would crash your system if you didn't do 8
> things first.

Interesting, I thought glibc was announced, but not yet there.

> Ok here's the compile error.
>
> make -C mlwp all;
> make[2]: Entering directory `/root/coda/lib-src/mlwp'
> gcc -fno-exceptions -DLWPDEBUG -O2 -g -MD -I. -I/root/coda/include -Wall  -DOLDLWP  -c lwp.c
> lwp.c:796: parse error before `register_t'

Hmm, should be defined in sys/types.h

Adding 'typedef int register_t;' at line 794 should do the trick.

> it could have at least been shorter..:)
>
> --Aaron

Well, at least the compiler _tries_ to make something out of it. Which
is better than freezing at the first sign of trouble. However, all the
errors and warnings seem to be related to the missing register_t.

Could you grep for register_t in the include directories? Maybe it is
defined in some other header.