Coda File System

Re: strange tests with coda

From: Emmanuel Anne <emanne_at_absysteme.fr>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 15:51:10 +0100 (CET)
On 19-Nov-99 Jan Harkes wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 19, 1999 at 03:34:02PM +0100, Emmanuel Anne wrote:
>> I tried to mount a simple server to make some tests on it.
>> Log file = 12M (in a file /log)
>> data file = 44M (in a file /data)
..
> 3 The client cache is full (fileobjects),
>     this can also happen when no objects can be flushed. This is
>     calculated by the client on the assumption of an average filesize of
>     16K/file. So a 10MB cache can cache at most 416 fileobjects
>     (directories + files + symlinks).... Oh, and there are a couple
>     reserved for repair purposes.

Ok second part of my answer...
I had a look at the docs...
Well, they are quite short for venus !
So maybe you can answer more quicly to my question :
I want to setup a server with a lot of little files.
Over 100,000 files in different directories would be nice.
How should I setup the client part for this then ???
Am I obliged to have a 30M cache ?