Coda File System

Re: Coda Installation

From: Phil Nelson <phil_at_cs.wwu.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 14:52:17 -0800 (PST)
>     I tried to install the coda second relese for SunOS on ultra
>10(Solaris 7). While doing so the make install gives following errors.

I haven't yet tried this on the Ultra 10 for Solaris 7.  I don't
remember seeing this, but when I got driver installation problems,
I'd just try again.  It does a remove first.  Have you tried it
more than once?

My install on a ultra 10, Solaris 2.6 looks like:

make[1]: Entering directory `/wd0e/phil/Coda/trees/solaris-coda'
rem_drv coda
rm -f /dev/cfs0
ln -s /devices/pseudo/coda_at_0:coda /dev/cfs0
cp obj.sun4u/coda /usr/kernel/drv
echo 'name="coda" parent="pseudo" instance=0;' > /usr/kernel/drv/coda.conf
chmod 644 /usr/kernel/drv/coda /usr/kernel/drv/coda.conf
add_drv coda
make[1]: Leaving directory `/wd0e/phil/Coda/trees/solaris-coda'

I should be able to try this relatively soon on an Ultra 10/Solaris 7
machine.  If you don't get it working, I'll get back to you after
I try on that Sol 7 box.

--
Phil Nelson                    NetBSD: http://www.netbsd.org
e-mail: phil@cs.wwu.edu        Coda: http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu