Coda File System

Re: kerberos and coda problems

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 20:22:54 -0400
On Tue, May 09, 2000 at 04:54:18PM -0700, Chris Jantzen wrote:
> On Tue, 9 May 2000, Jan Harkes wrote:
> > Could you try moving that test back to the top of the function.
> > (rcp2/rpc2-src/secure.c:232)
>
> Ah, that seems to have worked.

Cool, I'll put rpc2-1.5 on the ftp site.

> volumes. It seems my VLDB is not being created correctly? I ran the bld
> script and nothing seems to happen. This is all fresh from 5.3.7. Here's
> some interesting log snippets from /vice/db/SrvLog
> 16:19:59 VGetPartition Couldn't find partition /export/primary/vicepa/

That is the interesting message.

> The 'partition' listed is what I put into vice-setup and is listed in
> vicetab as:
>
> ace   /export/primary/vicepa   ftree   width=32,depth=4

This partitions is matched up with the server by testing whether
gethostbyname("ace") returns the same ip as gethostbyname(hostname()).

Do you have multiple ip-addresses, or does `hostname` return something
strange like localhost.localdomain, or is your hostname listed in
/etc/hosts as belonging to 127.0.0.1?
 (very common on RedHat installations),

This could very well be the cause of the server not knowing which
partitions belong to it. It doesn't look like there would be a path
length related limit here (was my first guess, but the code looks ok
there).