Coda File System

RE: High Availability

From: Nicolas Huillard <nhuillard_at_ghs.fr>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 10:52:11 +0200
I think that databases must be kept as a single server. Files are stored on Coda, but only one DB server is running.
If the machine fails, we first have to check the files on another machine, then start a new DB server, and redirect all queries to this new server. This isn't High Availability, but it's still good. Maybe there can be a problem when cheking the files on another machine, but Coda should take care of all that clearly.

Nicolas Huillard