Coda File System

Re: Non-tiny files unavailable

From: Greg Troxel <gdt_at_fnord.ir.bbn.com>
Date: 16 May 2000 07:54:25 -0400
I run coda over IPsec, and that works well, as long as my IKE
implementation doesn't get wedged.  If you can set up a VPN and have
addresses, private or public, in common between the server and
clients, I think you'll be better off.

Masquerading support would be cool, in the twisted sense of making
something that fundamentally isn't a good idea work anyway.
While thinking about masquerading, another sick thought arose: what if
Coda (rpc2?) could run over http as a transport mechanism?  It seems
that with the proliferation of firewalls, http is the new end-to-end
protocol.

Also, has anyone tried to add ipv6 support for coda?

        Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>