Coda File System

Looking for status of Solaris port

From: Mohan Khurana <mkhurana_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 12:10:15 -0400 (EDT)
codalist,

Does anyone have any information on how the solaris port of coda is
progressing?  On the configure script that I execute, it tells me that it
doesn't want to use a current version of libdb, claiming that certain
functionality will not be available for coda.  I'm really new to coda
and I am still trying to figure out the general way it works, but I am
wondering if efforts are underway to get coda to use NDBM rather than
UCB's db.  I am using the source tree obtained from coda's CVS repository.

I am interested in using coda as an NFS replacement for one of my
projects.  The network where coda is to be used it a heterogeneous one
however, including FreeBSD, Linux, OpenBSD, and a lot of Solaris.  I was
hoping someone could shed some light as to how the Solaris port is
progressing.  There doesn't seem to be any mention of Solaris in the
HOWTO.

Here is the error that I get when doing make client-install on Solaris:

make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/codawork/coda/coda-src/asr'
flex  -t resolver_lexer.l > resolver_lexer.c
gcc -fno-exceptions -g -O2   -MD -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I/tmp/codawork/coda -I.
-I/tmp/codawork/coda/include   -c -o resolver_lexer.o resolver_lexer.c
resolver_lexer.l:55: warning: prototype for `yywrap' follows
resolver_lexer.l:34: warning: non-prototype definition here
c++ -fno-exceptions -R/usr/local/lib resolver_parser.o resolver_lexer.o
ruletypes.o resolver.o wildmat.o path.o ../kerndep/libkerndep.a
../util/libutil.a /tmp/codawork/coda/lib-src/base/libbase.a -lfl -lnsl
-lsocket -lc    -o parser
yyerror(char const *)               resolver_parser.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to parser
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [parser] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/codawork/coda/coda-src/asr'
----> Error in asr
make[1]: *** [client-install] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/codawork/coda/coda-src'
----> Error in coda-src
make: *** [client-install] Error 1

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,