Coda File System

Re: Unknown RPC2 return code 103

From: Juergen Arndt <htw9917_at_iaix1.informatik.htw-dresden.de>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 20:59:05 +0200 (DFT)
> > # createvol_rep coda:root E0000100 /var/vicepa
> > Servers are (wotan )
> > HexGroupId is 7F000005
> > creating volume coda:root.0 on wotan
> > V_BindToServer: binding to host wotan.wh11.tu-dresden.de
> > Volume 1000005 (coda:root.0) created
> > Fetching /var/vice/vol/Volumelist from servers:
> >
> > Date: Sat 06/24/2000
> >
> > 00:32:52 Fetch failed with Permission denied
> >
> > updatefetch failed with Permission denied
> > wotan - FAILED, check if updatesrv is running
>
> Hmm that is funny, I thought updatefetch would use the same volutil.tk
> file as the updatesrv is using, or.... It could be a problem that it's
> in /var/vice/vol instead of /vice/vol, there are still a bunch of
> hardcoded paths all over the place.

this was exactly the reason - as i tried to install with the default paths
everything was working perfect.

but now another - and hopefully my last :) - question. how can i change a
password for a new created user?

if i want to change the passwd with 'au nu' coda asks for the old password for
this user - but how can i know this? with 'cpasswd user' or 'au cp' it's the
same. sounds a little bit silly, i know :)

many thanks!

	juergen