Coda File System

Re: coda and mandrake

From: System V <sysv_at_wildape.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 19:18:17 +0200
> I've been working on coda for 10 days now and trying to make it work on
> a mandrake
> distrib.
Been working at it for three (3) day's now (inc. 2 day's of reading)
and I'm testing it _now_ on mandrake

> 1) packages
> I did not succeed to install those rpm packages on Mandrake 7.1 and
> above,
> so I rebuild/modified them.
> All the packages are now available on the contribs directory in the
> cooker
> section.
No, the reason given by rpm is that libreadline.so.3 is not installed.
mandrake (7.1) ships libreadline.so.4.1, so you will have to use
a little hack, ln -s /usr/lib/libreadline.so.4 /usr/lib/libreadline.3
and install with rpm -Uvh blablabla.rpm --nodeps

> 2) configuration problems
> I'm a bit lost with the documentation that doesn't seem to be updated
> according to the latest versions of coda.
Not found a problem with that _yet_

SysV