Coda File System

Re: Mopunting /usr on codafs?

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:14:15 -0500
On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 10:45:49AM +1100, Grahame Jordan wrote:
> Hi!
>
> By the look of it so far you need a /usr partition to run coda as a
> client.  We are trying to run /usr over NFS at the moment but are having
> timeout issues.  Coda looks like a nice solution but for the setup.
> Is it possible or has anyone mounted /usr on code?
>
> Thanks

Ehh, it is possible to move a lot of the directories that Coda uses in
/usr/coda, to /var/coda by modifying /etc/coda/venus.conf. You can also
move the venus binary from /usr/sbin to /sbin.

Then it should be as simple as replacing /usr with a symlink into /coda.

    ln -s /coda/usr /usr

And you're set.

Don't forget to copy the /usr tree into /coda/usr first ;)