Coda File System

Re: cmon says succ NoBinding

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:10:01 -0500
On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 12:12:56PM -0700, Kenneth Ingham wrote:
> So, why does cmon imply the server is not running?  I can use cmon to
> connect to testserver.coda.cs.cmu.edu and get data.
>
> Kenneth Ingham
> ingham_at_i-pi.com

Cmon simply sets up an rpc2 connection with the server and calls
ViceGetStatistics. I don't know why it fails to connect.

Check whether following ports are correct on the server (in /etc/services),

    rpc2portmap 369/udp
    codaauth2   370/udp
    venus	2430/tcp
    venus	2430/udp
    venus-se	2431/udp
    codasrv	2432/udp
    codasrv-se	2433/udp

If they are, use tcpdump (or rpc2tcpdump) on the client to see what
server it is trying to connect to and whether any responses are
received.