Coda File System

Re: found the root of the problem

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 21:20:37 -0400
On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 07:04:12PM -0500, ctest_at_neural.dlsemc.com wrote:
> i tried telneting to port 370 on the address of eth0 and i get a
> session, i tried telneting to port 370 of the address of eth1 and it
> locks up.  does the coda server only bind to 1 IP address?

Unusual, although we have it reserved, we don't use tcp port 370. The
auth2 daemon uses udp/370 and does not bind to a specific address. The
Coda server does have the ability to do so, but it isn't the default.

Check with netstat -l or something to see whether the listener on udp
port 2430 is binding to *:2430 or hostname:2430. btw. which version of
the server are you using? I remember that the server used to bind to the
ip associated with the hostname, but that problem was quickly fixed.