Coda File System

Re: setting up ACL's

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 21:28:24 -0400
On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 06:36:53PM -0500, Kelly Corbin wrote:
> Is there any recursive options or wild cards that work with cfs?

No, we don't have any 'globbing' implemented.

> I'm trying to set up permissions on a newly populated volume and am
> looking for an easier way of doing it.  Every time I use try to use '*'
> it complains and errors out with either a 'Usage:' or 'bogus opcode'.

The shell probably expanded the '*' for you which resulted into a cfs
command line like,

    cfs setacl dir1 dir2 dir3 <User> <acl>

which the setacl command can't handle because it expects

    (yeah a bit nasty isn't it)

We could leave the globbing up to the shell if we'd change the setacl
interface to:

    cfs setacl <user> <acl> [dir]*

There are probably other cfs commands that could use a similar UI change
to make them more useful.