Coda File System

Re: read and write hangs

From: <irbis_at_orcero.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 16:21:49 +0000 (/etc/localtime)
 Hello, Jan!

> >  In fact, CML belongs to root, and all the servers are running as root.
> > Should I run venus and the different server daemons as coda user?
>
> Not really necessary, but you will have to give root a Coda token so
> that it can reintegrate the changes. Coda doesn't allow a user with
> userid '0', so you need to authenticate by using the <username> argument
> to clog.

 This does not work, I have tested it. In fact, I thing that it is not
related to venus. All this things happed on a replicated server, and I am
begining to thing that it is something related to replication, because I
lost on the tests the contact with one node with cmon -telnet and ping
see the "lost replicated node", after this an error:

kernel: coda_read_super: device index: 0
kernel: coda_read_super: rootfid is (0x7f000000,0x1,0x1)
kernel: Failure of coda_cnode_make for root: error -110

and

CHILD: mount system call failed. Killing parent.

mounting venus against any of the replicated servers.

 It looks that there is no way to mount any coda volume, neither to
recover any data.

 It looks that under normal pressure, my coda replicated servers fails.

 Any sugestion?

 Yours faithfully:

David

     irbis_at_orcero.org