Coda File System

Re: Programming for RPC2 and C++

From: Stephen Torri <storri_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 18:47:52 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Jan Harkes wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 05:34:43PM -0400, Stephen Torri wrote:
> > Yes. I want to authenticate with venus as one part. Once I am
> > authenticated with venus I want to be able to transfer a file to the
> > shared directory. Moving a file is a simple call to an OS function right?
> > In my case I am programming this application under Linux.
>
>     #!/bin/sh
>     echo password | clog -pipe username
>     cp file /coda/usr/shareddir
>
> Or look at coda-src/auth2/clog or the pam_coda module which are doing
> the connect to auth2 daemon, get token, pass token to venus, in C code.
>
> Jan

I will take a look at the C code. Reason for this being that the client
will authenticate and move the file. Yes that can be done in shell script
but since half of the client is already being written in C++ there should
be no reason not to complete the rest in C++ (using C code). So I will
take the C route for now.

Stephen