Coda File System

Re: repair tool trouble

From: Xuefeng <chenxuefeng_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 18:04:02 +0800
Hi,

I have been playing Coda for quite some time. I have just tried to reproduce
the problem you have submitted. But I did not see any big problem with my
Coda 5.3.13(what is ur version?). What I did was as follows: after
reproducing the conflicts you have come across, I did not make use of the
"repair" utility. I just re-initialize the venus on the machine having the
conflict and Coda helps me to resolve the conflict automatically, if not
magically. ;-) I believe Coda can resolve some conflicts by itself according
to the time stamps of files and directories. It is prone to conflicts if the
system time of machines running Coda are not synchronized.

You can probably try my method and see if it works. It is very much
appreciated if someone can tell me specifically what are the situations that
will cause file/dir conflicts in Coda. And what the conflicts that can be
resolved by Coda automatically, i.e. without using "repair"?

Cheers!

Xuefeng