Coda File System

bugfix and multilevel principals in krbsupport

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_math.chalmers.se>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 20:51:06 +0100 (MET)
Hello,

as we are bound to hierarchical parincipal names in our dce cell, I had to
let coda to be able to use something else than
"coda-special/server-hostname"
(such principals break name allocation rules in a big cell with subtrees of
principals).

I had no luck yet to get it to work against dce security servers - to be
done. Works fine against MIT kerberos.

I have made some changes in krbsupport.c that allow multilevel principal
names. Far from perfect anyway (it should take from a config file a
coda principal name with configurable place for hostname)
but better than it was before. #define NO_MULTILEVEL_PRINCIPALS
to revert to the old approach.

The patch also fixes a problem with gethostbyname() yilding a pointer to a
static area that is being overwritten by consequent "invisible" calls
(from kerberos libs).

Your mileage may vary but it works well for me.

Regards,
--
Ivan