Coda File System

Re: upgrading coda server

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 15:07:17 -0500
On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 08:37:52PM +0100, Florian Schaefer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to upgrade my coda-debug-server-5.3.15-1 to the current version.
> But as I never did this with a running system, I'd like to know what to
> do.
>
> Is "rpm -U" with all the packages (coda, rpc2, lwp) enough? Or do I need
> to to something special with my configuration und stored data?

Configuration and RVM are all the same, I typically do 'rpm -Uhv' while
the servers are still running, and then do

    /etc/rc.d/init.d/update.init stop
    /etc/rc.d/init.d/auth2.init stop
    /etc/rc.d/init.d/codasrv.init stop

    ...this sleeps about 30 seconds while the server is shutting down...

    /etc/rc.d/init.d/update.init start
    /etc/rc.d/init.d/auth2.init start
    /etc/rc.d/init.d/codasrv.init start