Coda File System

Re: Large files (Poss OT)

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_math.chalmers.se>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:27:28 +0200 (MET DST)
On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Nathan Ward wrote:

> damn, theres no way to remove this cache?

> I need a filesystem with the security/acls like coda, but with no limit
> on file sizes...

If you do not need resilience to server/network failures, you do not need
Coda.

OpenAFS is caching, but not the whole files, it may be something for you.

Otherwise join OpenDCE and use DFS, OpenDCE is going to be available
under LGPL, I think. You get closest to Posix semantics and even
byte range locking over the network. Cvs works reliably on dfs, with
multiple access from multiple client hosts, on a filesystem level,
without a cvs server or ssh.

Be prepared for a high learning threshold.

No disconnected mode or read-write replication but probably you wouldn't
care.

Best regards,
--
Ivan