Coda File System

Re: Large files (Poss OT)

From: Nathan Ward <nward_at_esphion.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 08:24:31 +1300
Probably up to about a gig or so.  For the moment..

Solaris has ACLs...  So does several file systems supported by Linux iirc.  And with linux you can have the grsecurity patches to add to that..
The thing is, ACLs that are honoured client-side are no good.  Network of kernel developers, so they need root.  This is why Coda interested me, in my test network the ACLs appear to be looked after server-side. And of equal interest it doesn't seem to let you +s files ;].

And I'm also looking for something that, should it need a kernel module, it is in the 2.4.18+ tree.

Theres also NFSv4, but the reference implementation is still not feature complete.

Thanks for your help..
Nathan Ward