Coda File System

Re: okay, what am I doing wrong?

From: Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen_at_xemacs.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 23:30:36 +0900

    sjt> Why is inconsistent data for a single volume a fatal error?
    sjt> Couldn't we just take that volume offline?

OK, I figured this one out; forcesalvage=0 in server.conf.  But I'm
going to get every byte of data I care about off of Coda.  There are
just too many of those "if (coda_is_confused) CODA_ASSERT(0);"s lying
about, and any one of them could make my data permanently
inaccessible, it seems.  :-(

Anyway, I've been using the same RVM since coda 4.6.5 (or something
like that).  It's about time I tried the "burn it to the ground and
rebuild from scratch" approach.