Coda File System

Re: Kerberos5 auth is causing clog to segfault

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 12:30:15 -0500
On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 09:27:48PM +0000, Mark Phalan wrote:
> I've been trying to get coda to work with kerberos. I've got the
> kerberos daemons up and running (and working too - kftp works). I've
> registered the principal name host/myhostname_at_MY.REALM and added it to
> the keytab file. I've built in kerberos5 support (--with-crypto as in
> correct libs etc.

What version? 5.3.20, it is possible that there is a problem, it looks
like there are more than just realm related changed in CVS at the moment.

> as I can see nowhere is memory allocated for the variable nor is it
> assigned any value and hence it causes the segfault in memcpy().
> I can't see how kerberos5 support is working at all (and its not for
> me). Am I missing something important?

Kerberos is something that I don't use myself, so it is mostly dependent
on patches that people submit. The problem is that sometimes I get
carried away and clean up the code a bit too much. I believe that Ivan
Popov confirmed that the current CVS version was working for him (a
couple of months ago).