Coda File System

RE: zero-administration clients and Coda

From: Liu Kang <liukang_at_bjpu.edu.cn>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 20:40:37 +0800
Your idea sounds very interesting.
I agree that use PROM or EEPROM to store "the core of coda" and any
other necessary binaries  is more secure than nfs-root or tftp ram disk,
but have you considered about the cost? The method you provided may be
used in commercial distribute storage system, coda is an open source
software. If we must use PROM, I think it would be difficult  for users
and developers to use or test coda.