Coda File System

RE: zero-administration clients and Coda

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_math.chalmers.se>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 14:00:24 +0100 (MET)
Hello Liu Kang,

you write:

> but have you considered about the cost? The method you provided may be
> used in commercial distribute storage system, coda is an open source

Unfortunately I do not understand what you mean.
The idea was not really about distributed storage, wasn't it?

> software. If we must use PROM, I think it would be difficult  for users
> and developers to use or test coda.

Users do not interact with thin clients as with traditional desktops, they
interact logically with a remote server, so they can't even notice if it
is Coda or something else that runs on their client.

I think there is some misunderstanding, either yours or mine.

Best regards,
--
Ivan
P.S. it was not really necessary to include my whole message for