Coda File System

Re: Another more technical question

From: Dick Kniep <D.J.Kniep_at_chello.nl>
Date: 12 Jun 2003 15:43:55 +0200
On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 14:52, Steffen Neumann wrote:
> Dick Kniep <D.J.Kniep_at_chello.nl> writes:
> [...]
>
> > Hi List,
> >
> > I was a little too quick with the send button, as I do have another
> > question.
> >
> > I have setup a server and a client, and it looks OK to me. However, if I
> > try to logon with clog, it doesn't find the Auth2 or RPC2 servers. The
>
> Good things for diagnosing coda are:
>
> 	cmon aipc1	(sort of detailled ping without using venus)
> 			Works even without venus
          coda01
TIM
  mon   16:26:07
 prob   16:26:07
 succ   16:26:07
   up   12:16:07
 bind          1
CPU
  sys        ***
 user        ***
 util        ***
RPC
 conn          1
 wkst          0
 call        ***
  pki        ***
  pko        ***
  byi        ***
  byo        ***
DSK %
 max1  vicepa:56
 max2        ***
 max3        ***

> 	cfs cs		ping coda server from venus
> 			can be "fooled"  using cfs disconnect

Contacting servers .....
All servers up

> 	cfs lv /coda/... check is what looks o.k. to
> 			you is really located on the server ;-)

sh-2.05b$ cfs lv /coda/
  Status of volume 0xff000001 (4278190081) named "CodaRoot"
  Volume type is Backup
  Connection State is Connected
  Minimum quota is 0, maximum quota is unlimited
  Current blocks used are 0
  The partition has 0 blocks available out of 0
  Write-back is disabled

It all looks healthy to me... (But I am certainly no expert)

But still no luck with clog. It still can't find codasrv or codaauth2
servers.

Cheers,
Dick