Coda File System

Re: coda 6 init script

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 00:12:23 -0400
On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 09:06:23AM +0200, Florian Schaefer wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 18:52:15 -0400 (EDT), Samir Patel said:
> >I had the same problem trying to run the init scripts through the init
> > process on RedHat 9.  I just threw the lines into rc.local and it all
> > works.
>
> I had the same problem here, I had to modify the venus.init script to
> call venus like that:
>
> ${exec_prefix}/sbin/venus > /dev/null 2> /dev/null &
>
> It seems, that venus version 6 cannot handle the terminal it gets through
> init properly.

Venus has always sent stuff to stderr. The only difference between v5
and v6 clients is that they don't redirect stdout to /dev/console until
it reads venus.conf and redirects stdout to the venus.log file.

I think it tries to display just a single message when it is 'reopening'
the venus.log file. That one message is now removed in the CVS version
and hopefully this will make things work again on RedHat 9.