Coda File System

so called "multihoming" / volumes

From: Pascal Bourguignon <pascal_at_afaa.asso.fr>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:23:42 -0400
I've been trying to configure coda on a cluster for a week now to no
avail, and I'm wondering if there's anything specifically done in coda
to prevent it.

The documentation says that: "Coda does not support multiple-homing
cells at this time."

One problem is that "this time" seems to be quite old, up to five years,
while I'm trying to use coda-6.0.1. Isn't there any up-to-date
documentation?

Now, actually I don't want coda to work on more than one interface.
I've got CPUs with three ethernet interface each, one for the extranet,
one for the intranet, and one reserved for the intra-cluster trafic,
where I would want to direct all coda trafic.  That's why I specify
plainly the name of this interface (janus-1.janus.infra.afaa.asso.fr) in
the realms, vicetab and servers configuration files.

But coda still refuses to work correctly...  Does it test explicitely
for several interfaces and refuses to please me on purpose?  Could it
not just ignore the other interfaces?

Another question:

I've got a 20GB partition where I put (symlinks for) vice and vicepa
(and the /etc/coda and /usr/coda directories too).  Then I want to
create volumes.  Do I need to create a directory for each coda volume or
can I use /vicepa for all?  Does each createvol_rep need a diferent
/vicepX ?

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__
mailto:pascal_at_afaa.asso.fr