Coda File System

Re: vice-setup -n ?

From: Phil Nelson <phil_at_cs.wwu.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 06:42:50 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Pascal,

  I haven't seen anyone answer yet ... so if this is duplicate, I'm sorry.

>I'm trying to use vice-setup with the -n option.
>Then it asks for the rvm parameters once for each server.

This option is for setting up multiple server processes on a single
machine.  With the RVM limits, if one wants to serve a lot of disk
space using the standard numbers for RVM vs served disk space, one
needs multiple server processes running.  This requires multiple local
host names (using IP aliases).

Yes, it will set up all the RVMs on the local.  That is what is needed
to run multiple servers on a single machine.

If you want multiple servers running on different hosts, you need to
run vice-setup on each machine.  The vice-setup script will not remotely
set up a server.

--Phil

--
Phil Nelson                       NetBSD: http://www.netbsd.org