Coda File System

Re: LWP on top of pthreads

From: Jarkko Tolvanen <jht_at_iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 22:16:45 +0300 (EEST)
> I used the test programs from the lwp/src directory myself (and ofcourse
> venus/codasrv).
>
>> (I updated LWP 1.10 with some pthreaded LWP changes I could found from
>> the CVS repository with viewcvs)
>
> Yeah, some of those changes in CVS are definitely required to run with
> venus.
>
> Jan

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply. So the test program should in principle work with
pthreaded LWP? I'm using Redhat 8.3. Maybe I have to also double check
that I have everything new from CVS, as I only manually copied new stuff
from there after unzipping lwp-1.10, instead of running any cvs checkout
command.

The reason why I'm trying to use and understand pthreaded LWP on Linux is
just that after finding Open POSIX Test Suite I started as a learning
exercise to write Posix thread functions for Symbian OS (*), so that I
could run the test cases succesfully on my mobile phone. Now I'm looking
at something simple to try and run on top of pthreads, and LWP also could
open path to trying to port Coda client one day.

(*) to be honest I have not really contributed much original work, Symbian
has native thread, mutex and semaphore classes around which simple
wrappers can be written, and condition variable functions I copied from
Redhat's open source posix threads for Win 32.

--
Jarkko Tolvanen