Coda File System

RE: Basic problem - venus won\'t start

From: <paul.rogers_at_mowlm.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 03:17:37 -0500
Samir

Many thanks for your reply.

>Hmm...  /lib/modules/<kernel>/fs/coda.o is where the Coda makefile puts
>the module.  On my RH systems, the original module was in
>/lib/modules/<kernel>/kernel/fs/coda/coda.o.

Sorry that was a typo.  I had actually replaced the module in /lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/fs/coda.

>You might want to check /lib/modules/<kernel>/modules.conf to see which file >
>is really being used.

I only have an /etc/modules.conf.  This contains the following entries:

alias char-major-67 coda
alias /dev/coda coda

Not sure what happened but I tried the following and it venus now seems to work.

rmmod coda

insmod coda

(returns: Using /lib/modules/2.4.22/fs/coda.o)

service venus start

This time venus loaded fine.  Thanks for your help.  Next step is to try and get my head round the realms business, but that\'s for the new year since I finish work today.

Once again many thanks

Paul