Coda File System

Re: Amanda differences: 2.4.4p1 (installed) vs. 2.4.4-2 (compiled)

From: Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>
Date: 25 Feb 2004 10:12:40 -0500
If the coda changes aren't invasive and the resulting system builds
w/o coda, it would be nice to ask on amanda-hackers that it be
committed.

The krb4 stuff was messed up for a long long time and went I sent a
patch it was committed.  I didn't write this at first - it has been
aroudn for at least 6 or 7 yeras.   But it had decayed, primarily from
being in a separate module, together with a lack of CM discipline to
tag/release that simultaneously and having few users.

I really should try the coda/amanda stuff; I'm still using gnu tar to
back up coda.  I was perhaps the instigator for this - I talked to
Peter on the phone long ago (1998?, basically saying that coda's
backup program was all well and good, but that really it needed to be
a dumptype for amanda so coda could get integrated in the larger
scheme of things.  I'm really glad to see that this has arrived.

I recall that there was a 'restore' program that could read a coda
dumpfile and put the files in a standard filesystem.  I'm guessing
that this is readdump:
/usr/local/coda/sbin > ./readdump
dump> ?
No such command, type help