Coda File System

Coda access rights problem

From: Johannes Martin <jmartin_at_notamusica.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 15:58:08 +0100 (CET)
Hi,

I'm frequently having a problem gaining write access to my coda volumes.

'codaadm' is my super user and owner of group System:Administrators. Now I
try the following:
	cd /coda/myrealm
	clog codaadm_at_myrealm	(succeeds)
	ctokens
		Tokens held by the Cache Manager:
		Local username: jmartin

		    @myrealm
		        Coda user id:    20000
		        Expiration time: Tue Mar 16 16:51:48 2004

	cfs listacl .
		System:AnyUser		rl
		System:Administrators	rlidwka

	touch foo
		touch: creating `foo': Permission denied

Sometimes, the very same sequence of commands is successful...

Any hints? I'm using Coda 6.0.3 with Linux 2.6.3 on my client, the server
runs Coda 6.0.3 on Linux 2.4.21.

Also, it was mentioned in a few recent emails that Coda has support for
Kerberos authentication. Are there any howto's that show how to setup a
system for Coda & Kerberos?

Thanks a lot
	Johannes