Coda File System

Update: Coda access rights problem

From: Johannes Martin <jmartin_at_notamusica.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:04:25 +0100 (CET)
Hi,

I've experimented a little bit more. When I run 'ctokens', the kernel on
the client displays an error message:
 coda_pioctl: Venus returns: -107 for (5659df88.ff000001.00000001.00000001)

Also, I cannot change the password for codaadm using cpasswd:
	cpasswd -h myrealm codaadm
	Changing password for codaadm
	Your password:
	New password for codaadm:
	Retype new password:
	bind failed; user unauthenticated

While changing my own password works fine:
	cpasswd -h myrealm jmartin
	Changing password for jmartin
	Old password:
	New password for jmartin:
	Retype new password:
	Password changed, it will be in effect in about 1 hour

Again, clog codaadm works fine with the password I'm using.

Any ideas?

Thanks
	Johannes

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Johannes Martin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm frequently having a problem gaining write access to my coda volumes.
>
> 'codaadm' is my super user and owner of group System:Administrators. Now I
> try the following:
> 	cd /coda/myrealm
> 	clog codaadm_at_myrealm	(succeeds)
> 	ctokens
> 		Tokens held by the Cache Manager:
> 		Local username: jmartin
>
> 		    @myrealm
> 		        Coda user id:    20000
> 		        Expiration time: Tue Mar 16 16:51:48 2004
>
> 	cfs listacl .
> 		System:AnyUser		rl
> 		System:Administrators	rlidwka
>
> 	touch foo
> 		touch: creating `foo': Permission denied
>
> Sometimes, the very same sequence of commands is successful...
>
> Any hints? I'm using Coda 6.0.3 with Linux 2.6.3 on my client, the server
> runs Coda 6.0.3 on Linux 2.4.21.
>
> Also, it was mentioned in a few recent emails that Coda has support for
> Kerberos authentication. Are there any howto's that show how to setup a
> system for Coda & Kerberos?
>
> Thanks a lot
> 	Johannes

---
Mit zwei Euro im Monat helfen:
	http://www.2-euro-helfen.de/
Help to fight hunger and injustice in our world:
	http://www.devp.org/
	http://www.oxfam.org/