Coda File System

Re: New coda deployment

From: Mike Fedyk <mfedyk_at_matchmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 12:00:56 -0700
Mike Pelletier wrote:
> Greetings!

Hi Mike,

I have similar requirements for my mail server setup but for about 50
users, instead of thousands.

Unfortunately my requirements for large files (possibly greater than
2gb) is a show stopper for my purposes and Coda.  Also the fact that the
entire file needs to be transferred to the coda client before you can
read the first byte is a problem for me.  But for smaller files, (or if
you're replicating to each client (like a server cluster) for larger
files) that might not be a problem for you.

This is basically a "me too".  I haven't setup coda, and I'm evaluating
OpenAFS for my purposes but the OpenAFS semantics of "only one instance
of a replicated volume is read/write and the rest are read-only" doesn't
sound good for the hot-failover I want on my servers... :-/

Mike