Coda File System

Re: venus errors, problems connecting to server

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:38:39 -0400
> I'm stumbling over the following errors (in different client's dmesgs):
>
> coda_pioctl: Venus returns: -22 for (51922808.7f000000.00000043.00000062)

EINVAL, can't tell why without knowing what operation was attempted.

> coda_pioctl: Venus returns: -13 for (0xff000001.0x1.0x1)

EACCESS, permission denied. The fid identifies it as the directory that is
mounted as /coda, which is a readonly object. Maybe someone tried a
mkdir/link or other type of mutating operation.

> coda_pioctl: Venus returns: -107 for (51e90f88.ff000001.00000001.00000001)

ENOTCONN, unusual because this is again the fake /coda directory. This
object is generated on the fly whenever it is accessed, so I don't see
how it would generate this error. Maybe someone tried to do a cfs
setacl/getacl?

> doesn't come to reintegrating the changes). Another client (workstation)
> seems to have cached some listings, but ls'ing other directories (which might
> not be cached) just produce:
>
> ls: .: Connection timed out

You're disconnected. You can access what is cached locally, but not what
isn't cached.

> First of all, I did not succeed in getting to know what this error means, and
> as a result from that, I am unaware of what I can do about it. I think, I

Connection timed out.... let's see maybe the connection to the server is
not available. You can run 'cfs checkservers' (aka 'cfs cs') to force a
server probe.