Coda File System

Re: Write-Disconnected Volume (was: Cache Overflow)

From: Johannes Martin <jmartin_at_notamusica.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 22:03:38 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

as I can't get my client to write-reconnect my volume to the coda server,
I'm thinking to take the following route:
- cfs checkpointml /coda/my/volume
  -> this seems to work fine and creates a tar file with all the
     modified/new files (I assume?) in /var/lib/coda/...
- transfer this tar file to another client and unpack it there
- venus -init on the disconnected client

Will this approach work and make sure I won't lose any data? I understand
I will have to do some manual conflict resolution if I modified any of the
files that are in the tar file on some other client.

Thanks
	Johannes