Coda File System

Re: is coda right for me? (mail servers)

From: Jerry Amundson <jerry_at_pbs.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:21:05 -0500
On Mon October 11 2004 08:06 pm, Steve Simitzis wrote:
[snip]
> though, if you're using maildir, why not just use NFS on top of
> reiserfs? maybe NFSv4 running over tcp might be a good thing to check
> into.

I'm avoiding the "one and only one" read/write server problem with NFS
(every version).

I also don't want independent r/w volumes on each server. A "site B"
user should have the same access to e-mail when physically on the "site
A" network as the site A folks, even if the site B T1 is down. (we do
quite a bit of travel between the sites)

jerry