Coda File System

hard-coded values in coda scripts

From: Maurice van der Pot <griffon26_at_gentoo.org>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 21:45:03 +0100
Hello,

After getting a report from a user about backup.sh conflicting with a file
by the same name installed by tar, I looked a bit closer at the scripts
that coda installs and it seems that several of them still have hard-coded
things in them.

Here's a list of installed scripts that refer to /vice directly:
	auth2.init
	backup.sh
	codastart
	purgevol
	tape.pl
	update.init
	vice-killvolumes

The same holds for these scripts:
	findparents.sh
	partial-reinit.sh
	pwdtopdbtool.py
	volsizes.pl

I would have provided a patch, but I noticed that the scripts that do take
the configuration into account use different approaches of getting the
value of vicedir.

Additionally there are some hard-coded e-mail addresses in backup.sh.

Should people edit backup.sh manually (is that stated in the docs?) or
is this script not meant to be used outside of CMU? If it is supposed to
be used outside of CMU, would it be possible to change its name to
something less likely to cause conflicts, like backup-coda.sh?

Thanks,
Maurice.

--
Maurice van der Pot