Coda File System

Re: The Oops, revisited

From: Maurice van der Pot <griffon26_at_gentoo.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:32:20 +0100
On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 09:47:06AM -0600, Nicholas Haggin wrote:
> 	I decided to take Maurice's other suggestion as well and run a
> 	vanilla
> kernel, and the system has not experienced so much as a hiccup. I
> probably did compromise control, however, since I also disabled ACPI in
> the new kernel. When time permits I'll build one with ACPI enabled and
> compare.
> 	But it appears the problem has been solved, for now.

If it doesn't crash with vanilla + ACPI either, please enter a bug in
our (Gentoo's) bugzilla. And if you feel like tracking down the bug
yourself, try applying only subsets of the gentoo patches. If you need
help deciding which ones, add me to the cc of the bug you submit.

Regards,
Maurice.

--
Maurice van der Pot