Coda File System

Re: Problems mounting volumes

From: John Anderson <johnha_at_ccbill.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:23:53 -0700
>Now, about a "diskless setups". You do not want to be really diskless,
>as Coda needs place to cache the files. As you supposedly have more files
>than RAM, you definitely need place on a local disk.
>I assume it is how you set up your machines, but better safe than sorry,
>so I say it.
>
>Cheers,
>--
>Ivan

Does venus have any known problems caching on ramdisk  I plan on using machines with no disks and 6GB of RAM with a ramdisk of 4GB for the base OS (currently 140MB) and the cached content.  So the venus.cache should exist on on /dev/ram0 mounted on /.  If everthing goes to plan....which it seldom does.

--
- John A.
Systems Administrator