Coda File System

Re: Coda release 6.0.14

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 12:02:29 -0500
On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 10:27:31AM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>     Jan> Coda-6.0.14 is available for download.
>     Jan> Sources, Fedora Core 2 rpms and Debian packages can be found at
>     Jan>     ftp.coda.cs.cmu.edu:/pub/coda/
>
> Thanks!  Took a couple weeks but I got around to building/installing
> on my Debian system.  Note this is not from tarballs, it's from CVS
> updated to 2005-11-09.  Things seem fine so far.
>
> codaconfedit is trashing my cacheblocks statement in venus.conf.  It
> reduces them from 100000 to 10000.  This has been happening for a
> couple of releases.  It's easy to work around and I thought I was
> going to debug it, but it's time to admit that's not gonna happen this
> time either.  Sorry!

If it is a Debian system try,

    dpkg-reconfigure coda-client

> Also, the console messages say conflicting things about this:

Venus doesn't resize the cache when it is not reinitialized. The
file/cml/volume objects in RVM are stored in fixed size arrays and we
can't change those without reinitialization.

> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: could not find any packages for /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5 (libncurses.so.5)
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unable to find dependency information for shared library libncurses (soname 5, path /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5, dependency field Depends)
>
> where the last warning was repeated about a dozen times.  I do have
> libncurses5 and libncurses5-dev (version 5.5-1) installed.

Interesting, I don't see those warnings in my buildlog from a pdebuild
in stable (it is installing libncurses5-dev_5.4-4_i386.deb). I don't
have the buildlog for the testing/unstable build around.