Coda File System

Re: New installation issues

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 10:32:44 -0500
On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 12:34:01AM -0500, Jan Harkes wrote:
> It looks like cIdent.SeqLen is correct, but cIdent.SeqBody is offset by
> 4 bytes, there are 4 null-bytes added in front of the correct username.
> However cIdent was correct when the user's password was checked earlier
> on in the GetKeys callback function.
>
> So there is something wrong with incoming connections on 64-bit. This
> didn't affect the callback connection for the client because that is
> bound anonymously.
>
> I'm assuming something is going wrong in rpc2-src/rpc2a.c:MakeFake where
> the first packet on an incoming connection is constructed. Don't see an
> obvious place where it goes wrong, but I'm sure single-stepping through
> the rpc2 functions will uncover the problem.

Ok, the binding is fixed now, I can obtain a valid token from a 64-bit
auth2 daemon and use that to successfully connect to a 64-bit coda
server. There isn't much to read on an empty server, but readdir and cfs
lv gave expected results. Changes have been committed to CVS.

The next obstacle is reintegration, the server fails to unpack the
reintegration log so we can't actually write any new data yet. This was
to be expected, as I already had to fix a 64-bit problem when the client
was packing the log.