Coda File System

Re: mailing list message formatting

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 11:38:01 -0400
On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 09:00:13AM -0400, shivers_at_ccs.neu.edu wrote:
> it's quite hard to read. Then I feel bad for inflicting difficult-to-parse
> text upon the members of the coda list.

Should be better now, we're using hypermail and it was using some
heuristics to do fancy html reformatting. I couldn't find any
documentation on why it does some of the things it does, and it seems
like it gets it wrong about as often as it manages to get it right.

I disabled the smart reformatting and rebuilt the archive, it should now
just show every email in a monospace font without trying to be smart.
This will probably show emails poorly when they only include linebreaks
between paragraphs, but I don't think there are that many of those.