Coda File System

Coda on Ubuntu 7.10, RPC2 failing

From: Andy Valencia <ajv-eassomeyel_at_vsta.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 11:17:14 -0700 (PDT)
--------
Hi,

I have the Coda client up and running (tested against CMU's playground).
And I have the server at least approximately installed.  Which is to
say, the installation instructions work fine and all the expected
startup messages are emitted.  When I try to use the "au nu" command,
after a timeout interval it returns:

vandys_at_deepthought$ au nu
Your Vice name: vandys
Your password:
RPC2_Bind() --> RPC2_NOBINDING (F)

In the syslog I see:

Apr 22 11:13:48 deepthought RPC2[21007]: ICV check failed: spi 5f827d63, seq 4, src 192.168.1.4:370

So it appears that the auth2 server received a request OK, but the
client's RPC layer is rejecting the integrity of the response.  Can
somebody knowledge of RPC give me some ideas on what values I need to
configure/check where to make what the auth2 daemon generates and what
the client verifies match up?

Thanks!
Andy Valencia