Coda File System

Re: Coda on Ubuntu 7.10, RPC2 failing

From: <u+codalist-p4pg_at_chalmers.se>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 21:23:32 +0200
Hi Andy,

I would be able to try to help, given that you used our (Aetey's)
installer (from http://www.aetey.se/index.php?Static&pg=CodaInstHowto).
This doesn't seem to be the case.

As I did put effort and time into improving
the installation procedure, it feels a bit weird to troubleshoot
the traditional install :)
which leaves unnecessary extra room for mistakes.

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 11:17:14AM -0700, Andy Valencia wrote:
> startup messages are emitted.  When I try to use the "au nu" command,
> after a timeout interval it returns:
>
> vandys_at_deepthought$ au nu
> Your Vice name: vandys
> Your password:
> RPC2_Bind() --> RPC2_NOBINDING (F)

> In the syslog I see:
>
> Apr 22 11:13:48 deepthought RPC2[21007]: ICV check failed: spi 5f827d63, seq 4, src 192.168.1.4:370

I do not remember the actual rpc2 code, but I guess the problem is
on another level than rpc2, like using a wrong password.

Again, I would suggest trying the binary installer,
(for the moment - if your system is x86-compatible).
Then it will be easier for you to avoid mistakes and for me to help.

Of course, it is best to have the client installed by the new installer
as well - at least if you would like to use Kerberos or access realms
which may use Kerberos.

Best regards,
Rune