Coda File System

Re: novice kind of question - replication

From: root <coda_at_voidembraced.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:54:30 -0700
Greetings Pawel:

I am having the same problem.  However, I discovered that one of the
engineers working in our sandbox/testing environment changed the rDNS (ip
address to hostname lookup) of our non-SCM server prior to my non-SCM
installation testing -- the old hostname works, and the hostname set on the
server and all configuration is still the same, but the rDNS doesn't match.

This may be the issue for us as coda may be pulling in and trying to use
this information "some how".  Anyway, we're going to simply flatten and
install from scratch on this new domain (technically arbitrary; selected as
a business decision) and see if that resolves our problem (I love that pun).

Regarding the documentation, it is understood to be not ready for novice
instruction, but it's all we got.  Most everything can be updated via here
or via the wiki itself, and any contributions are appreciated.

Regards,
 -Don
{void}